Hyrum screamed (not just cried) for about 1 1/2 hours Wednesday night. Finally, he let out a huge belch (which the kids heard in the other room) and then he settled against my chest and went to sleep. After about 1/2 hour making sure that he was really asleep and his breathing had calmed down, I laid him in his bed and walla . . . 6 hours later we were both well rested. I really wonder if it helped to have him on his stomach. His longer naps are on his stomach and he is about the same age as all the other kids when they started sleeping on their stomachs.
So anyway, it was great to sleep for 5 consecutive hours but I felt bad that it came after so much screaming from Hyrum. He probably just completely wore himself out.
I made cookies for the other kids. (Justin and Levi grated 3 cups of carrots last night as their contribution to making the cookies) Nathan tried to help with the spices which helped me decide it was his nap time. He is so great to still go down easily for naps. Hyrum cooperated and went down for a nap shortly after Nathan and I was able to work in the office. I got quite a bit done. Nothing visible for LeRoy to see but the office is so much more than printed invoices and he really doesn't realize that. After 3 hours my eyes were hurting from looking at the computer so I went and ate a cookie, just in time to have Nathan join me for a 2nd one.
Justin finally did it!! He told his dad that he really doesn't want to play baseball. LeRoy snapped at him (in all his tactful glory) that "that would have been nice to know 3 weeks ago when you were making a fuss to get to play". Hmmm. . . I think that was LeRoy making the fuss, not Justin. Now his focus is on Derek and Derek isn't sure he wants to play either. We'll see how much longer it lasts with me on strike.
I had 2 meetings for Erika tonight. One for girls camp and one for dance. I took Hyrum because Levi was complaining that Hyrum always screams when I leave and then calms down just before I get home. I was just glad he was keeping Nathan. Erika went with me to the camp meeting and then insisted that she needed to work with Allie on her homework assignment. I wanted her to keep Hyrum instead but I didn't want to deal with the whining from her so I took him to the dance meeting. He fussed, cried, squealed and pretty much made it impossible for me (or anyone else) to hear so I took him out to the Yukon and missed most of the meeting. By the time I got home I was frustrated and just ready for bed again.
I got home to hear that our apprentice wanted me to call him as soon as I sent the fax that he asked for. He had come into the house AFTER work while I was making dinner and insisted that he had to have it faxed by 9. I told him I would get to it if I had time. Then I finished dinner, fed the baby, ran to Erika's meetings and didn't get home until just before 9. He called and complained to LeRoy that I didn't have it done. Just to get it out of the way I did it so that I wouldn't have to worry about it the next morning but I wanted to give him a piece of my mind. What a selfish, inconsiderate jerk. He acts like I have nothing better to do that meet his needs and he isn't even family. I hate it when the guys act like I am here for them 24/7 and if it were any other office the doors would have been locked by the time he was giving me orders to fax his stuff.
Now I'm just getting even more upset typing it so I'll change the subject.
If I have one more kid ask me to take them somewhere, if they can have something to eat, if they can go to a friends house or if they can get on the computer . . . I'll probably scream.
I hate the daily question, "Mom, what do you want for mother's day". My voiced answer is "a tree". The answer than sarcastically rings in my head: "to not be the mom for a day".
Hmmm . . . that subject isn't helping me to calm down either.
I guess it's time to go take all my "happy" pills and go to bed. (Is there such thing as a 'thoughtful' pill or an 'understanding' pill? I'd invest in that for this family!)
No comments:
Post a Comment