The Good:
The sun is shining!!! I cuddled up on the floor in the rays of the sun and soaked up all the natural, through the window, warmth that I could. Unfortunately, the blinding, squinty glow of the sun is very deceiving when it comes to the temperature but that's ok for now. I'm just grateful to see the sun.
Levi has applied for college, had a call back and request for an entrance essay and we are working on getting all the financial paper work taken care of. That requires me to get the taxes done NOW.
Erika got a job at Wendy's.
Nathan has been going to pre-school like a professional student. He's one step closer to overcoming his social fears. Fearless may be quite a ways away but so far we are happy with tearless.
The sun is shining!!! I cuddled up on the floor in the rays of the sun and soaked up all the natural, through the window, warmth that I could. Unfortunately, the blinding, squinty glow of the sun is very deceiving when it comes to the temperature but that's ok for now. I'm just grateful to see the sun.
Levi has applied for college, had a call back and request for an entrance essay and we are working on getting all the financial paper work taken care of. That requires me to get the taxes done NOW.
Erika got a job at Wendy's.
Nathan has been going to pre-school like a professional student. He's one step closer to overcoming his social fears. Fearless may be quite a ways away but so far we are happy with tearless.
Justin finished Cub Scouts and earned his Arrow of Light.
Derek is the best darn babysitter around and the little boys adore him. I couldn't accomplish near what I do without his help. And . . . he was named the Science Student of the Month at the Jr. High. He has no idea what that means except that his picture is hanging in the hallway. We're not sure either since he has a B. But, okay, fun. Maybe his science teacher just likes his witty humor.
The Bad:
Justin missed 3 days of school and ended up with a shot in the leg because of a bad strep infection.
Hyrum is on 3 medications and breathing treatments for bronchitis and an ???? airway infection (can't remember the full medical term). It came on so fast that I'm afraid he has probably already passed it on. Luckily, there were only 6 of the 17 nursery kids there on Sunday (though not very lucky for the other 5).
LeRoy is overdoing it as usual and has been found on more than one occasion to sleep in his recliner all night long . . . on purpose. He is so determined to work hard and keep up his pre-surgery pace. His body is so determined to slow him down enough to heal.
The REALLY REALLY BAD:
I have to go back to glasses.
Last August I had LASIK done and it was AWESOME . . . for 6 weeks. And it has been getting worse ever since. I've had an extremely annoying headache for almost 2 weeks now and I think it's because of my eyes, actually the optometrist confirmed that it was from my eyes. Through the monthly appointments they have charted my regression and it is still changing even 6 months later. It's bad enough that I squint and turn my head a little to the left to read the computer screen, I can't read books without straining my eyes and I probably shouldn't be driving. My only option for this month is to go back to glasses. They are giving me this free-trial cheapy ugly pair for a month to see if anything changes by next month but already they are telling me that it might not even be an option to have a touch up done (which would be included in the initial cost). They had to cut so much of the cornea away the first time that they're afraid there's not enough left to mess with. Can I have a refund? Seriously!! I did not save for YEARS to face my worst fear (going blind) to have 6 weeks of perfect vision only to go back to glasses!!!
3 comments:
oh my! i heard that about lasik.. that it only works for a little while and then stops working. what's the deal? you would think with all of the modern advances in technology they would have this figured out. i can totally sympathize with you.. i hate glasses too.
where is levi going to college?
I'm so, so sorry about the glasses bit. Will they be giving a refund if they can't do the touch up? I'd fight for that.
Not to Pollyanna your post but that's cool that you focus on the good first. That's really not cool about the glasses. Will they give you a discount at least?
Post a Comment