Justin's sixth grade class had a big graduation for the work they had done in the D.A.R.E. program. He received a t-shirt, a certificate and a pat on the back from the local D.A.R.E officer.
I remember when Levi had his D.A.R.E. graduation that I looked across the gym at all of those sixth graders and realized that I was looking at his graduating class. I wondered how many of them would make it to their senior year applying the things they had spent half a school year learning during the D.A.R.E. classes. Again, with Justin's class, I looked across the gym, found my own son in the crowd and silently prayed that he would always remember what he had learned about drugs, alcohol, tobacco and all harmful substances and that he would have the courage to stay away from them.
And in May I will look across the gym at Levi's graduating class again, for graduation. It has gone by so fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment