Thursday, December 30, 2010

Dear Mr. Sun

I miss you.
I miss the light you bring to my life.
I miss seeing the sky and birds outlined by your glow.
I miss your warmth on my skin and hair. Grilling on the frozen deck is not enjoyable.
I miss waking up to your rays beaming through my window calling me for a new day.
I miss watching the kids run around drenched in your balmy heat.
I miss the color that only comes when you are shining.
I even miss your bright glare in my eyes.
Please come back. Soon

P.S. Attached is a picture of the kids eating cereal for dinner during one of our last warm days together. It was such a happy, beautiful day that you provided. I remember not wanting to lose my time with you, knowing that it was coming to an end for a few months, by baking in the kitchen and I couldn't refuse the boys requests to eat outside with you. Wasn't that a fun day? I can't wait to have days like those again.

1 comment:

KJBBBG said...

I really love your creative way of putting things. It always seems just right on! Boys happy + mom happy = PERFECT!