Nathan and Hyrum bring a joy to our family that could not come any other way. They make us laugh and smile and play. They say things that are silly and wise. They express unconditional love to each of us, no matter how grumpy we have been to them. And they are the best of buddies. Even with minor disagreement they end every day as best friends. In an attempt to visually preserve their friendship, my files are chuck full of snapshots of the two of them together. Here are some of my favorite.
"I'm a maaan" and "see my way huge muscles" are the exuberant expressions that come with bare chested muscle flexing.
"Time out" is always better with a buddy.
During one of my less than patient moments I had Nathan put his nose on the wall. I left for a minute and came back to find Hyrum standing in the hallway with his nose on the wall as well. He has such a tender heart for Nathan that even during the sad, bad, angry times he is right by his side.
Sunday mornings require the mad search to find matching ties. Not because I care, believe me I don't. It's because the boys care.

No comments:
Post a Comment