Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Bodyguard

Harrison took on this position of bodyguard when Nathan was only 2 months old. The two first met at Kara's house in Utah.


Three years later he moved to our house. Not only does he protect our home from any creature in the mouse family but he fills his role as evening nanny doing their bedtime routine with them and purring them to sleep.



He seems to sense who needs comfort on any given night and sleeps there.



He follows the boys around during bath time, brushing their teeth, watching tv, and playing outside.



During a very tough sick night for Nathan, Harrison stayed indoors and sat by him while he puked, snuggled next to him as he whimpered and finally they both dozed off for a couple of hours.



He makes a great potty training coach. During a lengthy bathroom stay, due to fear of number two, Harry seemed to get a bit bored but he didn't leave.


Such a big job can be exhausting.

3 comments:

Kate said...

That cat is hilarious. Your whole post had me thinking about Peter Pan and Nana. I'm not a cat fan, but as cats go yours is pretty lovable.

Cami Sue said...

That is pretty funny. If I ever were to get a pet it would be something like your cat. I love the toilet training picture. You told me about it the other day but I had a hard time picturing it.

KJBBBG said...

What a fun post. It is great to have such a wonderful, snuggly protector. Someday I think it could be fun to have one of them again, when we retire probably. It was fun seeing all the fun pictures with the family pet. Obviously lovable and loved.