June 7, 2011
In an attempt to relieve the budget, give the dryer a break, and provide my kids with a steady summer job,
I decided to put up a clothes line.

Derek was so excited to put his designing and building skills to work and quickly had us all involved.
Hyrum was his right hand man.

Justin's buff gymnastic arms came in very handy for hauling sand to refill the post holes and his all
powerful body was the perfect support when Derek was ready to put the lines up.

Nathan added a few additional staples at his level and never gave up or took a break (even the obviously
needed potty break) until the job was done.
I instructed the boys on the proper technique of clothes hanging and they were instant professionals.
As it came closer to the time to take the dry clothes down the boys were hoping for a rainstorm so that they could rush out in the rain to save the dry clothes "just like in the movies". That opportunity came 3 days later. I've never seen my boys so excited about doing laundry! Now if only I could find a way to make the folding and putting away part fun.
After a couple of days looking at our clothes line Derek decided it would be visually better if he cut the extra part off the top of each post. We wouldn't want anyone thinking that having a clothesline was a cross to bear.
1 comment:
Why is it that the clothes line seems like such a wonderful idea now but I absolutely hated it growing up?
Derek is amazing with his building skills.
Post a Comment