Wednesday, August 3, 2011

LeRoy's Birthday Highlights

Happy 44th Birthday
August 3, 2011

With a ping pong table in the basement LeRoy has become quite a competitive ping pong player. Of course, pool still holds the number one spot for his favorite game but ping pong is a close second. When Erika and I were in Chicago we went to the Bubba Gump Shrimp restaurant and as soon as Erika saw these she knew that's what she would do for her Dad's birthday. They had watched Forrest Gump earlier in the year so it was like sealing a memory for them.


I wanted to give LeRoy a couple of pictures of myself. He has one on his nightstand but it's from 10 years ago and he had hinted that he needed an updated one. I went all out . . . way out of my comfort zone. I called Michelle, my photographer girlfriend, and arranged to have some pictures done. I think he liked them, even though I hadn't made the time yet to get frames (it gave us something new to do on a date).


The first one got an "ohhhh" reaction. It was a nice picture, the more quiet side of Kimber.


The second one got a big old "ooh, la, la" reaction. The kids and I were a little embarrassed.

I have never don't usually pose like this but Michelle made me do it. It was worth a lot of good teenager-ish, yeah-I'm-pretending-I'm-hot laughs, a fun afternoon with my friend and sister, and it did get the reaction from LeRoy that Michelle had promised. Just the boost I needed as my biological clock ticks awfully close to 40.


I did peanut butter cupcakes (peanut butter is his favorite) and decorated them as pool balls. For the pool rack I shaped no-bake peanut butter cookie dough and framed it around the "balls".


After each of us ate a section of rack and a ball we headed to the basement to play ping pong and pool. I'd like to say that we let him win since it was his birthday but in reality he creamed us as usual.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh my gosh! Those reaction pictures are AWESOME!! ROFL! And as usual your "cake" turned out amazing. :)