We had a few reasons to go on a couple of day trips.
We wanted to show Vivien the beautiful nature around us.
Vivien needed to take outdoor pictures for her photography class.
Derek needed the driving hours to fulfill his permit requirements.
Mesa Falls
August 2011
August 2011
Vivien had been with us for one week
LeRoy, Derek, Nathan, Vivien and I took a Sunday afternoon to go up to Island Park to look at a cabin that LeRoy was going to be working on Monday morning. While Derek and LeRoy made a parts list for the cabin Vivien took pictures of Nathan and I enjoyed the peaceful calm around me.
On our way home we stopped at Mesa Falls.
Can you see LeRoy in the picture?
I love Mesa Falls! I wish it was in my backyard but I'm grateful it is only an hour away. I love the sound of the crashing water that drowns out the rest of the world. I love the drifting mist that rises up to gently coat the hot air with a cool breeze. I love the sound of the birds singing joyfully in their beautiful home. I love the smell of pine and wild flowers and the gentle rustle of the leaves on the trees, especially the quaking aspens. When I am there I can't help but sing softly to myself one of my favorite songs that seems so appropriate for how feel.
Whenever I hear the song of a bird, or look at the blue, blue sky.
Whenever I feel the [mist] on my face or the wind as it rushes by.
Whenever I touch a [pine tree branch] or watch as the [squirrel jumps trees].
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world Heavenly Father created for me.
Jackson Hole
October 2011
Again, Derek needed drive time and Vivien needed to take pictures so Derek, Vivien, Justin and I took a day trip to Jackson Hole. We laughed so hard I about wet myself. I love hanging out with these spontaneous, witty teenagers!
We had to stop at the top of the pass to let the car cool down for a few minutes which gave us the opportunity to view the valleys below and the awe of being up so high. Once in town we wandered the square and browsed through shops, finally arriving at the Ripley's Believe It or Not museum. We spent a couple of hours shocked, amazed and disgusted by all the random stuff around us.
Our last stop was at an ice cream shop. We could not stop laughing at the cookie jars sitting on the counter.


No comments:
Post a Comment