Friday, May 25, 2012

Hyrum's 4th Birthday

March 23, 2012


I took several of Hyrum's favorites and put them all together for a birthday party.  He LOVES fruit, fruit snacks, spaghetti, gold fish, juice boxes, and most of all, colors.


We did all the decorations down low so that he could see it all without standing up to the island to see it.  It was so fun to have so much color around that we left the decorations up for nearly a week.

While the spaghetti noodles boiled and I put the finishing touches on the meal the kids made balloon animals.


The animals bounced around the kitchen for almost 2 weeks until they looks completely starved of air and finally made their way to the garbage graveyard.


Hyrum had a hard time deciding what to eat first; he was so excited for all of it.  The picture with him eating spaghetti isn't because his eyes were closed but because he is savoring that bite with verbal approval.


Bret and Erika had a pasty mess making a pinata for the party.  Nathan and Hyrum had a great time beating it up to get to the treats inside.  They were more excited for the toys that scattered on the ground than the candy.


Doing the rainbow cake was easier than I thought it would be and turned out much brighter and better than I expected.


"I love my rainbow cake, Momma".  That makes every bit of it worth it!



Happy Birthday, Hyrum!

No comments: