Monday, October 14, 2013

FHE: Booing

When Derek invited Sierra's family over for dinner and family home evening he had no idea that I was taking the opportunity to make all my saved pinterest pictures of gross Halloween foods into a dinner reality.


Dinner was a morbid success!


Our coffins (hoagie buns) were overflowing with disgustingly delicious fillers and our lips were stained red after
slurping down our vampire juice.

We all broke out laughing when Sierra's mom stated, "that pumpkin vomit is delicious, I think I'll have more!"



When I set out the dessert of kitty litter and droppings I had to practically bribe everyone to try it.


I admit it did look extremely real and even though I knew it was a moist Better-Than-Anything Cake drowning in caramely goodness it still took great mental effort to get myself to try it.  All it took was one bite of cake and a nibble of Tootsie Roll poop and even the thought of kitty litter couldn't stop us from finishing the whole thing.

After eating there was so much goofing off that we had a difficult time getting the kids to focus on making the treats. We finally decided to let those play who wanted to play and those who wanted to make treats could.



Finally, after we ate our share, we had enough treat plates full of donut monsters and toothy mouths to take Booing to neighbors.
 

Our family chose two families to Boo and the Hinckley family chose two families from their ward to Boo.  We loaded up in the vans and headed off to the first family.  It was difficult to hide two vehicles and get twelve people hidden before we left our goody treat on the doorstep, knocked and ran.  At the first two houses we had to bribe dogs to not give us away.  Among the loading and unloading of the vans we had smothered laughs, a couple scraped knees, frozen noses, constant shushing and yet we still managed to gift all four families.

No comments: