Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine Strings

Hyrum informed us each morning how many days were left until "string day".

Each of their valentines started in the front entry and went all throughout the house.  While I was stringing them up I threw Derek's ball of yarn over the wall by the stairs and I didn't hear it hit the ground.  I laughed at myself when I saw it stuck in the light fixture.  It took a chair and a broomstick to get it down.


Nathan insisted that he was old enough to have his string cover both floors this year. He was proud of himself for rolling it up all on his own, especially because it was so long and covered two floors.



Hyrum walked me through the house before he left for school telling me everywhere that he wanted his string to go.
"Whatever you do I want my string to end in Justin's drawer", he insisted.


Derek had arranged with me ahead of time that after Sierra got to her prize that her string would continue into the
storage room where he had hidden her Valentine's Bear from him.

Obviously, it was love at first sight.

No comments: