They had Quaver Music Camp each Monday for six weeks. The first day they were introduced to their team and with their team created a cheer that they did each week. They learned about the grand staff, note value, rhythm and rests, and music science where they learned to play 3-note and 4-note songs on water glasses.
The final day was spent doing an Amazing Music Race to review all that they had learned. In preparation, Hyrum spent a good hour doing practice treble clef "loopy things" so that he would be ready for the grand staff chalk-a-thon. The finale included yummy popsicles and a carousel ride at Porter Park.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Swimming Lessons at Rexburg Rapids
As very beginning beginners they were scared to even put their faces in the water but by the end of the session Amanda had a hard time keeping their faces above water. Hyrum loves to be in and under and splashed with water. Nathan tolerates it and tries to be as brave as Hyrum. It was a good experience for them and comforting to me that they gained breathing and floating techniques in the water. The boys used their own spending money to buy Swedish Fish and a water jug to make a thank you gift for Amanda.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few pictures from Vivien with her own descriptions...
On a Sunday evening with her sister, Noemi: "By 5pm we still haven't eaten, just breakfast. We were so hungry OMG !!! Didnt even know were to go eat so after hours we decided to go to Tesco for food. I got a roll and a buttery thingy (google says *spread*) no knife to get it on the roll so we had a car picnic, dipping the roll in that spread :D felt like we were on a car trip for a day and thats everything we got. It was fun haha ! and delicious :D"
"After a year... I HAVE MY DRIVING LICENCE!!!! okay not yet, I have to go to the police station first but I passed the test. Happy happy happy!" This was no small feat considering the training/test cars are stick shifts; not automatics.
Spending a day with Jakub: "He has a motobike/scooter which was a new experience for me and kinda scary first but it was fun! Except for the helmet which killed my hair and my head felt claustrofobic in it :D
More travel pictures with Jakub and a picture from January with the first missionaries that she met in Slovakia (both of which were from Utah). This email is one of my favorite from her because I can feel her excitement in the day. It reminds me of when she got home from Prom and sat on the bed chattering away in her excitement or the hyper days that we bounced around from topic to topic. I love being able to read her smile in the writing. I'm so thankful for those two Utah boys who could take a little of the comfort of her American home to her.
Oh my heck!!!! I dont know where to start! I dont remember when I was so hyper and happy and excited last time! Probabs in the US :D
We finally agreed on going skiing!!!! We have a hotel booked. I am so excited! I am off school the last week of February (spring break) and we are going skiing!!! We agreed we will be the crazy minions on the track muhahahaa~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cousins, Cats and Kimber
These little cousin pairs are adorable! Hailey and Hyrum are a perfect giggly pair and Brooklyn has a major crush on Nathan.
Though the cats are supposed to now be outdoor only animals, the kids sneak them in for hairy hugs.
I joined our Relief Society for a hike up R Mountain.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Derek is 18!!!
But, he is still our {very tall and intelligent} little boy. I asked him several times what he wanted for his birthday and he couldn't give me even one suggestion. The "Mr. Fix It" shirt in duct tape font was an easy choice since he really is our family fix it man but it didn't seem enough. When we were at Kate's house and he saw the talking minion he blurted out, "please get me one of these". So, he got it for his birthday. And, he was thrilled. It goes perfect with the minion posters, t-shirts, key ring and hat that he has collected over the past year. See? Still our little boy.
He requested homemade pizza for his birthday dinner. His minion cake was covered in white chocolate ganache (white chocolate is his favorite) and the minions (though they turned out a bit creepy - not my best work) were pure fondant. He was in sugar heaven.








No comments:
Post a Comment