With everyone coming to house for General Conference we decided to bundle Nathan's birthday with Easter.
We had nonstop fun, laughs, learning and games.
Daymia started off the weekend with an Easter surprise for the boys.
They woke up to Easter Bunny footprints leading from their room to the baskets in the kitchen.
Daymia, Levi, Erika and Bret filled eggs the night before and were ready to hide them between conference sessions. After munching on their basket treats during the first session they went on an egg hunt and snacked on those sweets through the second session.
There was no time to fall into a sugar coma; we had a birthday to celebrate.
Saturday started with Curry Eggs and Strawberry & Nutella Waffle Sandwiches for breakfast and another conference session.
Inbetween sessions I made Nathan's requested cookie cake and quickly frosted it before the final session started.
The cookie easily transformed into roundabout for the roadway on the table, completing the hinted race car theme. It wasn't until I was looking through pictures after the party was over and the cookie eaten that I noticed that "birthday" had been spelled wrong. Before all the teasing started I reminded them that "birthay" is how the little boys actually say it. The teasing came on anyway.
Because we had been spending the whole day eating through conference sessions we decided to have simple healthy snacks (and mini donuts) for Nathan's party. To make ordinary snack appear birthday worthy we fit them into the race car theme.
He was thrilled with the new presentation of his favorite foods. He even ate the cucumber car and tomato driver all by himself.
Using the duck race platform that Derek had built for Hyrum's birthday we raced our pull-back cars.
Nathan received a stomp rocket which was immediately put to good use for the next hour until we made him come in for cake before the older kids needed to leave.
He really concentrated on that birthday wish even long before the candles were lit.
Then Hyrum lit the candles for him and a new birthday wish was recorded in some magical birthday cloud in the heavens.
Nathan's love for vegetables and fruits goes back to his very first year.
Peas, avocado, zucchini, orange, strawberry and apple.
Also among his favorites are green beans, black beans, asparagus, kiwi, and bananas.
As I was looking through pictures I had to pause and stare at this beautiful little boy. I remember taking this picture; it seems just a few days ago. My heart has a hard time letting him grow up but I am so proud of the young man that he is becoming, even at a tender age.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comment:
I always remember him esting vegies, i ALWAYS tell kids about the brocoli cake
Post a Comment