The first Summer Saturday was the boy's gymnastics recital. I love seeing how they have progressed and watching the students interact with Justin as their coach. Many of them asked for individual pictures with him or gave him hugs.
Just like at home, Brock fits in as one of the brothers. We all have nicknames for him and he grins at each one. Justin call him Brock and Roll, which seems to be his favorite.
Eight Saturday's were dominated by Hyrum's soccer schedule. Hyrum is an excellent soccer player! He has energetic stamina, is always aware of the ball and this season he was one of the high scorers on his team.
The most random moment at soccer was when a girl brought a rabbit on a leash and then put the rabbit in her chair and she sat on the ground. Odd.
Derek also had a break from school for the summer which means we get to see him a bit more. After purchasing a new-to-him (but really kind of old) car, we welcomed those extra trips with a lot less concern for his safety that will his previously owned $600 car.
During one of his trips home, Daymia convinced him to let her pluck his uni-brow.
My morning joy throughout May and June was my three hours with Kailee Jo.
I'd happily delay a shower, laundry, housework, office work, cooking, and just about anything else to snuggle with her . . . and I did.
I tried to put her down while she was sleeping so I didn't create any bad habits that Erika had to undo but that didn't mean I wasn't just sitting there staring at her. And, no matter how tightly I had her swaddled, she would work her arms out to get them up along her face.
In just two short months she grew so much! Those gassy smiles in her sleep turned to real smiles with eye contact and completely melted my heart. I'm just mush with her! Being a grandma really is as great as everyone said it would be.








No comments:
Post a Comment