Sunday, December 25, 2016

Gifting

What a wonderful year of gift giving!
It would not feel like Christmas without new jammies!

As always, everyone was very happy with their books and origami money from Grandma and Grandpa Fullmer. This year we were also blessed with family history posters on both the Hawkins and Fullmer sides of the family. Grandma Fullmer spent almost all year working on them.


Clothing and accessories are always a welcome gift, especially when they fit so perfectly the occupation of the person (Daymia does hair, Justin flexes his muscles, LeRoy is an electrician). Derek is always thrilled to get shirts that have long enough sleeves and Hyrum was excited to get a recipe book made by Daymia for his "cheffing skills". I'm not sure that poop slippers and a poop mask were needed but they sure were welcomed by Nathan.

I love seeing the excitement given over practical, useful gifts. Levi so excited about a heater, Daymia a waxing kit, Derek a mattress, Justin a grill, Erika a skillet, and Bret some socks. Practically perfect in every way.

Daymia spoiled Levi just a little as he opened his new skis, boots, gloves and everything he needed to fill his new found hobby. He spent nearly every weekend he could on the slopes.


Daymia's gift to Hyrum was spot on!

He spent the entire Christmas break trying out the new recipe book and his Easy Bake Oven and was thrilled that he could follow the recipe, bake the treats, and serve it all up without any help. He has fed us well with cream filled chocolate cookies, chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal cookies, brownies and pizza.

Levi even got in on the baking when Hyrum was making mini pizzas.


Nathan and Hyrum really liked having stocking stuffer excavation kits to work on for the days following Christmas. The kitchen floor and table started to take on a dusty sand layer as they worked but it was worth it to see them complete their projects.


Nathan dug out dinosaur bones and then put the dinosaur back together. Hyrum dug out stones that he added to his colorful stone collection.


Christmas was made complete with messages from Vivien and Gabor. These two make me smile! They have fun personalities, study hard and send me random pics of food, Mormons, school, and even a few stalker pictures of each other. I love being able to stay in touch with both of them!

Throughout January I would get pictures from Gabor of him wearing his pizza socks that we sent him. It made me smile every time! And, that Coca-Cola cup is not just an American souvenir, it has a story to go with it. When I sent their Christmas box, I also sent this note . . .


Before I could send their package, I had to re-box it twice. I had everything all snug in it's place, taped that package to withstand an shipping apocalypse that might come and gently dropped it on the seat next to me to head to the post office. Then my ears caught a slight ticking sound coming from the box. It sounded like a ticking bomb!! I knew it was just the musical pooping reindeer in there but my worry was that postal workers might think I was shipping a bomb to Europe.

So, back I went to the kitchen to cut through those secure layers of tape, unpack the box, bubble wrap and secure that reindeer's tail so that the Jingle Bells chimes didn't go off, pack it all back up and use another million feet of tape to secure it all once again. I was so glad to finally get messages from them as my evidence that the musical tattle-tale reindeer did not ruin Christmas.

No comments: