Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Levi's 25th Birthday

Where did the time go?
When did my baby become a man?

We were both so young! Seven years ago (2010) I thought my love for you was complete and yet here I am with my heart bursting and overflowing in awe and admiration for the tender hearted, committed, brilliant, hard working, generous young man that you have become. Your smile is contagious, your hugs are healing and being your mom is an honor. Yep, I love you now more than ever. 


I've always known that Levi gets a little ornery when he gets too hungry but as an adult it seems to be a little more dramatic than just picking on his sister or getting mouthy. Daymia had mentioned to me a couple of instances when Hangry Levi took over and it wasn't good for a) the waitress, b) the Wal-mart clerk, c) the random person on the phone, or d) Daymia (who was an innocent by-stander watching each of the 3 previous victims).

So, his birthday gift was created out of necessity:


Until I searched for hangry comics I had no idea that it was such a big thing or that every comic could be so fitting for Levi. With a little time on the computer and a snacky shopping trip his emergency kit came together quickly and I found motherly joy as I filled it with some of his favorite, as well as new, treats to get him through that in-between-meals hunger that could spiral quickly downhill.


The gift was very well received.
I've joked since then about doing a monthly Hangry Subscription for him but Daymia keeps it well stocked and the box just keeps on giving.

** UPDATE **
After finishing this post I sent the link to Levi and received this a picture back. I'll be pulling a Beverly* today and getting that box filled ASAP! 

* Levi, Daymia and I have binge watched The Goldbergs TV show and there are so many times that I cringe at how much I react like the mom, Beverly, when it comes to my kids. I cringe, but I don't stop.




Daymia put together a fun ski trip for his birthday. They spent a weekend in Utah using his new ski equipment and enjoying the slopes.

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEVI 
While I will always see you as my baby, I'm overwhelmingly proud of the man you have become!


Meanwhile, Hyrum did his best to find a our sidewalk after yet another Rexburg storm.

No comments: