Monday, April 24, 2017

d'Evegnee Sleepover

While the older two thirds of the d'Evegnee family went to France for the LDS Temple open house, the younger third spent a week's worth of nights with us.


Though our days were mostly filled with school, homework, and trips back and forth into town, our evenings were full of laughter. For FHE we pulled out the photo booth props and took pictures to put on cards that we wrote to family members. Charlie was such a good trooper to smile and participate after he spent the day coughing and throwing up with a slight fever. His smile gives nothing away.


When the cards were all finished we roasted s'mores for treats. It was wonderful to have our table surrounded with kind words, silliness and sweets. The kids all got along so very well.


Charlie and I spent our mornings with Charlie Dog; reading and relaxing. Charlie chatter on the drive to Kindergarten was entertaining and educational. I kind of wanted to keep him forever. 



They initially acted as if I was dishing out cruel and unusual punishment when I would interrupt their playtime with dinner,  but they would get right back to their games and imagination afterward. Nearly every meal conversation was full of jokes and puns.



Marie spent her birthday with us so we did our best to ward of the homesickness with a happy cake and making banana splits since every one of Marie's conversations somehow led to bananas.  We then went to the Lego Batman Movie where we filled an entire row with popcorn and laughter.

Peter, Marie and Charlie were so patient and a great addition to our family but after almost 2 weeks of being without their family, they were so ready for home. After spending an extra night with us due to flight delays, they woke early on Saturday, packed their own stuff and waited and waited near the front door. When I told Marie that their mom was on her way over I got this candid reaction.



The Paris France LDS Temple
Bruce & Marie Hafen (Sarah's parents), Peter, Eric, Holden, Ethan, Eve, Sarah
This trip was a dream come true for Eric and Sarah who each served their missions in France.

No comments: