Their last picture as a family of three.
♥ Welcome, Baby Girl ♥
As I drove from my appointment in Idaho Falls back to Taylorsville, I called Erika to check in. At Pocatello, she was heading over to the midwife, finally in labor. I made a quick call to Kara to see if she could go stay with Nathan, Hyrum and Kailee until I got there; Nathan would keep watch until she got there. By the time I got to Tremonton, I got a call back that she was already born! Kara hadn't even made it to the house yet (from her home in Tooele), so it was a very good thing that Nathan was there and they didn't need to wait. After waiting and waiting through false labor for over 2 weeks, I was so happy that Erika had a quick delivery. At Erika's request, I went right to the clinic to see them before heading over to the house to relieve Kara.
After a couple of hours, and a delicious omelet made by the midwife, Bret and Erika brought their new baby daughter home.
Kailee Jo was instantly in love and has been a loving and doting sister.
Lilly is such a calm, sweet baby. She only cries, and barely so, when she wants fed or needs a change. We each took turns cuddling with her and had a hard time passing her on to someone else.
Kara was such a blessing on this day and got to be the first extended relative to meet Lilly.
Though Lilly has her own looks, she also looks a bit like Kailee Jo.
Kailee on the left, Lilly on the right.
Newborn toes and soft newborn hair, along with floppy, foldy newborn snuggles are one of my favorite things!!
Grandpa Edwards couldn't wait to meet his new granddaughter, so when she was four days old he made a special trip to Utah. Justin also met her that same day.
A new baby is such a joy and blessing to our family!
LeRoy with his girls... Erika (1993), Kailee (2016), Lilly (2018)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment