Before I left the country Nathan was showing signs that he was ready to start potty-training. I wasn't. I wanted to wait until I got back so that it wouldn't be interrupted with the crazy schedule that would take place while I was gone.
I got back on Monday (ok - 1:30am Tuesday Morning) and Wednesday morning he announced that he was going to wear underwear.
After a couple of wet accidents he got the number 1 part down. Treats always help. But this afternoon he started crying that he wanted to wear his diaper again. I figured it was because he hadn't done his scheduled number 2 for the day (or yesterday) and was a little scared knowing it was coming without a diaper on. So we read stories while he sat there waiting for his body to do it's job. He did it!! Once again, treats help. "I'm so proud of Nathan", he kept saying!
The humorous part of this came later when he came running through the house, "mommy, mommy, come see my poop!". How can that not bring a smile to your face? He went all by himself! Then when I gave him his treat he put it on the table and told me that he had to call dad first. Oh, what a conversation:
I got back on Monday (ok - 1:30am Tuesday Morning) and Wednesday morning he announced that he was going to wear underwear.
After a couple of wet accidents he got the number 1 part down. Treats always help. But this afternoon he started crying that he wanted to wear his diaper again. I figured it was because he hadn't done his scheduled number 2 for the day (or yesterday) and was a little scared knowing it was coming without a diaper on. So we read stories while he sat there waiting for his body to do it's job. He did it!! Once again, treats help. "I'm so proud of Nathan", he kept saying!
The humorous part of this came later when he came running through the house, "mommy, mommy, come see my poop!". How can that not bring a smile to your face? He went all by himself! Then when I gave him his treat he put it on the table and told me that he had to call dad first. Oh, what a conversation:
"Hi daddy, I went poop in the potty!"
"Good job buddy! That's awesome! Did mom give you your treat?"
"Yeah, I went poop all by myself!"
And then he wanted to call Levi too.
"Hi Weevi, I went poop in the potty!"
"Way to go dude! That's awesome!"
"I fwushed it all the way down!"
One of my favorite things is a baby in a white onsie, I can't resist cuddling that. But now I remember how fun it is to see cute little toddler buns running around the house in their first pair of underwear!
4 comments:
Wow. I guess you wait until they are totally ready and it practically happens over night. Awesome. Way to go Nathan. All by yourself. That's a big help for mom. :)
Awesome job super pooper! (Can you tell I've been watching too much Super Why.)
They grow up way too fast
welcome back! I think Nathan needs to come teach Sarah that it's okay to wear "panties" AND use the toilet!!
see you at Bunco
Post a Comment