Erika's first track meet for this year was held in Pocatello. LeRoy and I, along with Nathan and Hyrum, spent the afternoon hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa while waiting for Erika's races. It was such a perfect day to be outside! We didn't need jackets, there was only a slight breeze, and there wasn't any mud around us.
Erika did great! The coach put her in 2 relays so she was only able to do 1 individual race. She was a little frustrated with her time on her individual race because it was 2 seconds longer than what she had been running all week long in practice, which put her in 3rd place in her heat. The disadvantage today was that she ran the relay and only had 1 race between her relay and her individual to catch her breath. Still, a great start to the track season!
These two didn't sit still for very long! They rolled down the hill, raced up the hill, did circles around the fence post, went up and down the bleacher steps and did steps and jumps on the concrete edge along the field. What a workout!
5 comments:
it was a beautiful day wasn't it?!!! I wish I would have known she had a meet, we were in Pocatello today and would have LOVED to stop by, the kids love to watch track meets!
That picture of Dad and Nathan is adorable. Nathan's smile reminds me of Dad's little missionary picture.
I hope track is a way for Erika to get positive attention that will help in other areas. I think it is the perfect sport for her.
What a great picture of Nathan and his Grandpa. (Cute that he is wearing a pumpkin shirt.) I liked seeing a picture after you telling me all about how energetic Dad was.
congrats on being in track! That was alwyas a good time...keep running!
Looks like the Grumpy old bear has gone soft for his grandkids:)
Dad did the same thing at Jared's track meet in Boise. He followed Korben up and down the stairs and all around the stadium without complaint...what a good Grandpa!
I'm glad the track shorts have improved to a longer length as time has gone by, aren't you? Much more appealing. Keep us posted on when state is...maybe we can make the trip for Erika this year.
Post a Comment