Friday, August 14, 2009

The Sugar Affair

I've been having cravings lately . . . very tempting, hard to resist cravings. Milk Duds, Peanut MnM's, Bridge Mix, carmel popcorn, fudge, pecan pie, DQ Snickers Blizzard, McFlurry, pretty much anything that wouldn't be good for me. I have been doing my best to resist because I know that the one night stand will turn into that annoying pocket of fat that peaks out over my jeans, the headache that could go on for who knows how long, guilt, pimples, more cravings, pretty much nothing good for me.

The treat isn't good for me. The results aren't good for me. I know this. I want it anyway!!

LeRoy has been complaining lately that he is getting a belly. I really feel little sympathy for him. He has had an ongoing affair with Little Debbie for 19 years. Not just a weekly affair but a daily, 5-6 times a week affair. And there is his morning ritual of drowning some simple carb in thick, sticky syrup, which, admittedly, I have enabled. His activity level in the past could keep up with this constant consumption of processed, preserved, high fructosed junk but it is starting to catch up with him. (I'm beginning to formulate an FHE object lesson in this - eventually your transgressions will catch up with you, hehehe). Now that he is limping and moving at snail pace compared to the energizer bunny pace that he has always known, Little Debbie is demanding her profit.

Still, his belly is nothing! When he gains 40-60 pounds in nine months, six times over, and denied himself any sugar for at least a week then we will compare sob stories. Until then, I will secretly glare at him for all the years of sinfully sweet indulgence that he has enjoyed, and I have denied myself.

And I'll probably give in to the Milk Duds that Caytlyn left in kitchen. No stop! Don't do it! I can't resist. I need it! Just once won't hurt. It's not worth it!

6 comments:

mimi said...

LOL.....I Love reading your blog Kimberly!:.)

Kara said...

If you haven't don't it already, DON'T! I did. I made caramel corn. I ate it all. I will pay. You are older (not old, just older than me :) and wiser and have much more self control.

Kate said...

I did it too...Korben's birthday cake...oh but it was yummy.

I haven't had 6 kids, but I have gained excessive weight and had to watch what I eat just to maintain a chubby state. Then there is Mike that gained a few pounds yes, but lifted one shelf and cleaned one crawlspace and lost it all...hard to be happy for him when I'm waking up at 5am to hit the gym and not seeing any results.

ARRRGGGHHHH I feel your annoyance!

KJBBBG said...

My answer is kids. I love it when I can have just one or two of the box of Milk Duds and the rest are shared amongst my kids. They're happy and I'm happy. Course it doesn't work with all the yummy sticky treats you described and yes, they get left in the house right in front of us so we finish them off. Like the batch of Oatmeal Raisin cookies that I love. Just replace them. When you think Fudge, eat a banana with Nutella(yum), or an apple with carmel.
Like I know what I'm talking about. Good luck resisting. Or what is that line from Star Trek? Resistance is futile! (course they lost in the end)

~*Autumn*~ said...

This post was my favorite by far on the funny factor! I love the sugar affair that is catching up and the stand offs you have been taking on for years. This definitely makes me learn more about you and LeRoy and I love it! Thanks for the funnies and good luck on the temptation! Hopefully your coodies will rub off on that hubby of yours. ;)

Cami Sue said...

Well I'm probably too late - so was it worth it or were you a good girl and resisted one more time?

It's interesting what temptation does to our minds huh? We give in to that just once sweet even though we know it isn't good for us. We know we are going to pay for it later but we want what we want.

The funniest thing is - we have total power over this. We can have self control and discipline. Okay....so I taught a young women's lesson about this last week (self control - not sure cravings and the consequences). It's interesting that we have total power but not always total control.

I need to remember this (especially now while I'm pregant) and to not give in so much. My weak point is powdered donuts and chocolate covered orange sticks.

You can do it - don't give in!