Wednesday, June 2, 2010

How nice . . .

I'm concerned about the tree that we purchased and planted last year. A beautiful red maple. . . at least it was beautiful last fall. Right now it is the only tree in the neighborhood that is still bark naked! Not even a tiny bud to be seen.

When I went to the nursery to ask questions and follow up on that one year guarantee the lady said to me, "It's pretty hard to kill a tree".

I thought to myself "well it really wasn't that hard".

Now I'm searching frantically for my receipt.


And Also . . .

I was told today that I should have a large family. This was after our house guest found out that I have six kids!

Seriously, what number is considered large? Okay, I KNOW that 11 made a large family but if you go by the amount of laundry that I do on a daily/weekly basis I think 6 is plenty large.


Tree Update:
I found my receipt. I almost dug up the tree to take it in for the return but just in case it was a bogus guarantee I decided to wait. Good thing I didn't go to the added effort in this ridiculous wind.

It was pointed out to me that "if I'd only read ALL of the notes on the guarantee", I would have understood that if I purchase something with "discounts more that 20% off regular retail price the purchase will not receive the one year guarantee". Darn fine print!

Great! So because I waited until fall to catch the better sale I saved an additional 10% and now I lose 100%. Buy your trees now people. The sale is at 20% and still gives you the guarantee.

So when you come to my house please take notice of the bare naked tree in our back yard. I'm gonna leave it for a while, just in case. Feel free to add "Big Red" to your prayers. He needs them.

Oh, and Ruth, I was asked the same thing. DUH! I DID water my tree. I'm STILL watering my tree.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm... i killed a tree last fall myself. i'm gonna go ahead and vote for it's easy to kill a tree. after i dug it up and drove it back to the store the lady just looked at all of the crunchy leaves and asked "well, did you water it?" seriously??? gosh, if only i'd known that awesome piece of advice... did i water it... hmmph. silly tree people. you should totally take it back.

Cami Sue said...

That lady must have been smoking. I've also killed a tree - thankfully it wasn't my own but the office where I worked.

You can overwater trees as well. My next door neighbor waters his trees so much they are dying. We have the same trees and we don't do anything and they are thriving. He keeps asking what our secret is.

"It's pretty hard to kill a tree!" Whatever!

So how many kids is a large family? I'm interested to know.

Hildas Kids said...

Actually I've heard that almost 1/3 of all trees people plant die. That stat could totally be wrong, but I don't think it's really all that hard.