Yes, he is cool. He has his buddies. He wants to be his own man. He doesn't want to hang out with his family.
But . . .
He still takes the time to console Nathan and explain why life is so hard . . .
and teach him how to sneak the caramel without getting caught.
He may not want to be with our family but he does love family. When he picked up 2 week old Hailey his comment was, "ohhh, I want one of my own".
In time.
And for not wanting to hang with his family he sure is available when game night includes bowls of Tootsie rolls for the winnings.
He even laughs and seems to enjoy himself.
How am I supposed to take the cool act seriously when he keeps wearing his platypus t-shirt?
I think he's cool because he is good to his mom. He makes me stand up to give him a "proper hug" each night. He sends me goofy texts that make me laugh. He gives me a few minutes of chat time, even if his girlfriend is ready to leave. He drools over the food I make and complains that I keep cooking his favorite things even on the nights that he won't be home. He calls "just in case" I might be worrying about him, which usually I am. He shines. I don't know how to describe it and he would be embarrassed if I did but he is just . . . good.
He will leave soon enough and someday he will be someone else's Levi.
But for now I try to look beyond the tough guy attitude and enjoy every day with him, as my Levi.
7 comments:
Awesome pictures of a totally awesome kid. Love the ones with he and Nathan. What a stud he is!
I WANT a platapus shirt, where did you get it.
Once again your post has made me cry. I hope I have the same bond you have with Levi with "my" Dallin. I love the picture of the two of you, it is such a great picture. You've done such a great job raising your kids. I'm going to say once again that I look up to you and hope to do just as good of a job!
WOW!!! While I was reading this post, came to my mind the Levi I met 5 years ago... the time flies.
I will also want a wonderful relationships ~ like YOURS ~ with my Eduardo
And I love the pictures too!
I can't believe it how quickly time goes by. Makes me scared that things are already going that quickly with my own kids and I just left one of them in Idaho for six weeks. Some of those pictures of Brendan just make me want to scream, "Slow Down, You're Growing Up To Fast".
Levi is proof of that. He's a great kid that will be missed.
Ok, so I cried as I read this post. What a tribute to a wonderful son. You know they say that just by doing what you should is really honoring your parents. He obviously truly honors you. You deserve it, you are a great mother!
Post a Comment