Sunday, August 8, 2010

We are missing the Boyd family!

After having them as part of our family for 6 weeks in February and March and having them here for the week in August we have really become attached to the Boyd family. And having my sister live in Rexburg with me made the dull drums of the Rexburg melt off from winter to spring seem like a sunny summer day with a best friend.

When they left on Friday my kids and I wandered around noticing how huge and empty our house felt. Quieter yes but more fun? Absolutely not! They really became part of our family as we paired off in buddy duos: Hyrum and his adoring affection for Hailey, Nathan and Andie barricading themselves in the toy room for hours of playtime, Justin and Jeremy bouncing and laughing the days away, Derek and Brendan letting the creative juices flow as they dreamed up and built weapons and body armor and of course Kellie and I as we shared the parenting, cooking, housekeeping and emotional responsibilities of motherhood.
WE MISS YOU!


Sledding down the hills at Smith Park



Preschool, play dough, scouts, movies and mealtime



Egg dying and hunting, playtime, hugs and hiking.



Egin lake algae holes will never be the same . . .



and hunting for snail shells just doesn't sound that exciting without you.



We'll think of you every time we make homemade pizza since it became a weekly tradition while you were here.



The boys club is only half functioning without you.




We will continue outdoor movie night and look forward to next year when you can be here for it.




Nathan and Hyrum ask to play the "Kellie game" on the trampoline so next time you're here can you please play "crack the egg" again?



Thanks for the memories! They will live on in our minds and scrapbooks until next year when we can play together again.


Until then . . . email and Skype it is. Love you all!

2 comments:

KJBBBG said...

Wow. I love all the pictures and memories and even being missed. It's home to me, I hope you know that.

I was thinking of you today while the kids made their own pizzas at the restaurant-they had practice at your house.

I loved jumping with the little kids. It's all the jumping my body can handle-if you know what I mean.

Thanks for this. Can I put a link in my blog to yours?
Love you,
~K

Silvia said...

Dear Kimberly: I am missing your posts a lot!!!!