I could probably win the "Dumbest Math Mom Ever" award!
Justin (6th grade) needs help with math and I'm his mom so I should be able to help, right? Wrong! That part of my brain never did develop. In fact, at the first sentence of a story problem I begin to break out in a cold sweat, my eyes dilate in fear and my ears beginning ringing with Mrs. Marley's voice yelling at me (leftover side effect of 4th grade). My kids all know this and they torture me on purpose just to see the reaction. Okay, so maybe I exaggerate it a bit for them by turning into a looney tune but seriously, it's not far off from how I really feel inside.
So, yesterday when Derek asked his dad what the Pythagorean theory was and LeRoy asked him why he didn't ask me (yes, more torture) they had a good laugh over it. I wondered if I knew how to spell Pythagorean so I came to look it up online. The thought never entered my mind to actually look up what the theory is. Those brain cells just do not exist for me. I guess I only use 9% of my brain.
No comments:
Post a Comment