July 2, 2013
After a year of talking, planning, dreaming, e-mailing, hoping, wishing, praying and anything else that might get her here,
Vivien has made it back!
I was a little nervous that we would spend our entire seven weeks together getting reacquainted but when Justin and I picked her up at the Salt Lake airport it was as if hardly any time had passed and we were picking her up after one of her short USA field trips. She was exhausted from the travel but her laugh and sarcasm picked up right where it left off and I couldn't help but smile the whole drive home. It felt so natural to have her with us again.
Harrison couldn't seem to get enough of her, though at times she had enough of him and his shedding fur.
Nathan, Hyrum and I couldn't quit taking random photos of her grabbing whatever camera, phone or ipod was available.
Even the most mundane bits of summer were better because she was part of it.
Some pictures she wanted (yes, the Mountain Dew truck), some I snuck up behind her to take, and others she tried to get out of but overall she was a good sport about our paparazzi habits.
Now that all of us are together again we are ready to party through our summer list.




No comments:
Post a Comment