We wanted to remind them of their Royal lineage so from Prince Derek, the Hinckley's requested a sword of chivalry in order to be able to see Princess Sierra. It took him a week (a very long week) to come up with an idea that he thought would be sufficient. Princess Sierra's father didn't give any hints to what he expected for the sword of chivalry so the standard was set high
by Prince Derek himself.
He spent nearly six hours forming, cutting, sanding and painting an actual sword while, at his request, his mother made a
frosted brownie sword and heart.
While working, he thought over his feelings, goals, and the Princess he so loved and wrote his thoughts which became the
Sword of Chivalry.
“Sword” of Chivalry
I, Derek Andrew Edwards,
do hereby swear on this day to always
hold true to the the
values that I know to be true and to always, to the
very best
of my ability,
hold to the
honor code associated
with the
great chivalrous code
of the Armor
of God and
to, with all of my heart,
love the beautiful Daughter of God that you
have raised and brought
into this world and to protect her in all
things that I can, to
respect her honor and her virtue forever and
always no matter the
circumstances, feelings, and desires of the world
that I have. I will
always treat her with the respect that I know she
deserves and to help keep
her on the track back to our Father who
dwells in heaven above so
that we may both return to god with our
heads held high at the
great and last day knowing that we are clean
and that we made it when
so many others failed and when the world
we lived in tried its
best to tear us down. I take into my protection
a true and worthy
Daughter of God and I will never do anything to
change or alter that in
any way lest it be in righteousness. I say these
things in promise to hold
to them to the very best of my abilities.
X ___________________________________________
For the Edwards castle we requested from Princess Sierra a banner of virtue. Again, no specifics were given. We wanted this to be thought out by Princess Sierra and to be personal for her, not for us. After nine days she came up with a plan and the courage to do her first sewing project with silky fabrics.
She took time shopping for the perfect trim, found gold to highlight it and after spending much time with her own thoughts, she wrote her feelings for what became the Banner of Virtue.
Banner
of Virtue
I, Sierra Jade Hinckley, do promise to always maintain a high moral
standard.
To be the best person that I can be, To help
Derek to remain worthy to do his duty to both himself and his Heavenly Father by
serving a mission. To help
maintain an environment where we can have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost and
live my life in accordance with the teaching of our Lord and
to help Derek to
do the same. To do
nothing that would deter either of us from our path to
Eternal Life.
The Sword of Chivalry remains at the Hinckley castle as a visual reminder and the Banner of Virtue hangs
at the Edwards castle doing the same.



No comments:
Post a Comment