Monday, March 10, 2014

March


Though I managed to pull off a mini celebration of green waffles and green milk for dinner (yes, dinner), I was severely lacking Irish enthusiasm. The best I could muster up for the day was my green shirt and socks from last year.  Luckily (hehe), I had a spurt of craftiness the week before and already had "Pot of Gold" Rolos, "Taste the Rainbow" Tic Tacs, and "This is no Sham, You Rock" Pop Rocks ready to go.  


Hyrum was so excited to dress up for his "real school" (I don't ever remember having him in fake school so maybe he's referring to pre-school?).  One green shirt was not enough for him so he searched around the house until he found enough random items to create the perfect "green day" outfit.  The Hulk hat looked incomplete until he put the bow tie on it and my socks were the final flair he was looking for.


I knew the kids would be disappointed if I just handed them their holiday stash like it was an ordinary after school snack so I was thrilled when Nathan asked if he could make up the treasure hunt this year.  He bounced around in excitement banning us to the kitchen while he wrote out clues on sticky notes and hid them around the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any time the weather managed to climb into the forties we found a reason to be outside, even if only between wind storms.  Levi and Daymia wanted to have a silly string war in the back yard and had a bag of cans ready to go as soon as the weather would cooperate.  Finally, the wind subsided, the sun warmed the air and the cans were lined between the two teams.


The squealing and laughter began while I stayed in the background shooting pictures and video.


They all conspired against me! Levi took the camera and I was soon tied up in colorful, gooey string.


Good Times!



When the weather is lingering in typical Rexburg patterns (wind, cold, gusts of wind, rain, wind) we find things to do inside.
 

It's not unusual to find Nathan and Hyrum forming play dough into works of art but when Levi and Daymia sit down with them the activity evolves from a boredom buster to a full on party.


Levi seems to draw out the sarcastic side of Hyrum's personality.  When he asked Hyrum what he was making he rolled his eyes and declared, "bubblegum, already chewed".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vivien took a trip to Kosice with her sister Noemi and then had a couple of weeks at a spa type hospital in the mountains.
 

I started to go through withdrawals not having our usual communication time but we made up for it with a couple hours of Skype time when she got back.  I love Skype!  I get to hear her voice and see her smile and experience her witty personality.

Beautiful Sisters!!
Showing off their Idaho made Minion hats, movie night and singing in the car.


I love getting pictures of Vivien and Noemi!    

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daymia is finished with beauty school! Before she left Evan's we made sure to get in one last round of haircuts.


Nathan and Hyrum like short cuts with enough left on top to use the gel she gave them to spike it any way they like. Justin has the Oliver Queen look going on which he carries off very well with his eyebrow raises and buff arms.  Maybe I should make him a green mask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just for the record:

Daymia didn't just beat Levi at bowling, she more than doubled his score!  Booyah!

No comments: