With some tricky schedule planning we were able to pull together a sister weekend in Twin Falls to surprise Cami. Kellie made arrangements with Ben and we wondered if he would really be able to keep it a secret but by Cami's stunned expression when she answered the door we knew that he had.
Cami gave us a tour of her beautiful home (Kate is the only one that had previously been there) and soon after, Ben and the kids got home. Ben had taken them to the store so that we could have some surprise time with Cami. We then kidnapped her and headed out for a day of fun.
We first went to the salon in the mall to set up manicure appointments and for the hour before our appointments we wandered around the mall. I hate mall shopping. That might sound a bit harsh but I really loath it! I don't like the overwhelming setup of malls or looking through racks of clothes or trying on clothes or wandering around among a bunch of strangers. However, I have never been shopping with all four of my sisters and that was fun!
Kellie and Kate were the only ones who had previously had manicures so this was a new experience for Kara, Cami and I. The Asian women doing our manicures had a little discussion about our cuticles because they had to clip away so much. I guess that's what we get for being 35-40 and never having a manicure. Actually, the lady who did mine clipped a little too far and it's a good thing I had a red based polish to cover up the droplets of blood that kept oozing between each coat of polish.
I usually can't handle polish on my nails because it feels like my fingers are suffocating and it always chips away so fast that to me it's not worth the time putting on but I have to admit that I loved my nails after they were done. I was also surprised that they lasted for almost two weeks before they started chipping away and I liked catching glimpses of them when doing my everyday routine.. Of course, I personally never put on three coats of color and a top coat so that could probably have something to do with it.
After shopping and manicures we made our way over to Applebees. We laughed at our goofiness as we all carefully handled our menus, cups, plates, forks and napkins so that we wouldn't smudge our fancy new nails.
Our evening was spent back at the hotel playing games in the lobby. I'm sure our silliness was quite a show for the clerk that kept glancing our way and we got some pretty strange looks from people walking through the lobby.
Before we left to watch a movie we pulled out a basket of goodies for Cami.
It was a joy pampering her with gifts for herself and her new baby girl soon to come.
We finished up the night in Ben's "office", more comfortably known as the mother-in-law apartment attached to their house that has become his man cave. There we could munch away on our milkshakes and movie snacks with blankets and pillows comfortably strewn about while we settled in for chic flick entertainment featuring "Pitch Perfect".
It was so much fun to spend the day together! I can't think of another time that the five of us have ever spent schedule free time together without husbands or kids around. It was so wonderful to reconnect with each other and to spend the day just being silly sisters again. What a blessing these women are to me!





No comments:
Post a Comment