His only birthday request was to not have a party and he didn't want cake and absolutely no pictures.
He's not a birthday rebel, just sixteen.
We had to have something to put the candles on so I combined his two favorites and made fudge brownies with German chocolate frosting (he only likes the frosting, not the cake). As he prepared to blow out the candles he thought about and decided on a birthday wish, carefully aimed his air power to one candle and made sure that he still had one candle burning for the girlfriend test.
I was respectful of his non-party wish and instead took him to IJump.
category as his well trained skill.
CSI Museum
You know those movie trailers that show all the best parts of the upcoming movie and when you go to see the movie you realize that the three minute trailer was better than the two hour movie. That pretty much sums up the museum display right now. The fliers looks so intriguing and the boys thought they would get to solve a mystery and the pictures looked so death filled and gruesome. Trust me, unless you want to have a full science textbook kind of day reading all about bugs, just look at the website and read the flier. It's free!
Though I did read a few interesting facts about decaying bodies and the part bugs play in the evidence, the boys looked at a couple of vials and called it good. The only saving grace of the display was the outline of dead bodies that the boys attempted to fill and the opportunity to be the bad guy.
Beyond putting wigs on and dressing up as perps getting a mug shot the only way we could get our moneys worth out of the trip was to go to the permanent, hands on kids section that we visit every time we go.
Daymia hadn't ever seen this section so the boys gave her a full tour of the eagle nest in the tree, the beaver homes under the water, the family sized teepee that they beg to take home every year, and the log cabin complete with dress up clothes and a frontier style kitchen set up to play with.
Schtuff
Justin still requests fruit snacks. "They're not just for little kids, everyone needs fruit."
***
Thanks a lot, Diary of a Wimpy Kid! Now Nathan thinks he knows all about puberty.
***
Hyrum had a week of "where do things come from" curiosity. After answering all of his questions he revealed to me his new view of nature: cows pee milk, hens poop eggs, bees spit honey, trees cry syrup.
***
Bret's nickname for Charlie is Crisis since he represents my mid-life crisis.
***
Sarah gifted me a onesie. This one to be exact:
Onesie, not body.
I've never stood that way in mine (though maybe now that I've realized that I'll try it) and I have yet to leave the zipper down in the valley.
Comfort level though is exactly as it appears. It is really hard to make myself wear pants after a day in waist band free bliss.
One night I tucked Hyrum into bed while wearing my onesie and the next morning he begged, "Mom, will you pleeeease get me a onesie? I've been dreaming about it!"




No comments:
Post a Comment