Friday, June 29, 2018
June: new mower, essential oils, and Crispy Cones
There's always room for play time at our house and that isn't limited to the Littles.
I pulled out both of our lawn mowers to start my summer mowing chores and ended up ready to throw a wrench, hammer and boulder at both of them! One of them wouldn't start or cut right; the other had such horrible steering that I would end up going over the lawn about three time just to cut all the grass, and it was held together with a bungee cord that kept falling off. In full frustration I snapped at LeRoy because he kept bringing home these junkers for me to do my work and had mentioned looking on Facebook for another used one, when he spends top dollar for the tools to do his work. Within an hour, I had my new tool and it worked better than I could have ever hoped! It only took me 10 years to speak up.
In honor of our favorite Europeans, we took a treat run to Crispy Cones. It was a temporary tent set up by a returned missionary that had served in the Czech Republic. He wanted to treat fellow Rexburgians to one of his favorite Czech desserts. I do believe it would taste much better and have better texture in Europe, with flours, jams, and creams that aren't so heavy and sweet.
As Levi and I talked essential oils and sniffed until we found our favorite blends, Hyrum joined in and made his very first blend. He named it Whisper and it soon became one of my favorites as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment