The wind and sun created amazing images which we could only celebrate with the fires staying in the dessert areas, away from homes. However, one dessert fire near St. Anthony did cause an evacuation as the winds blew it across the rivers and roads and took it far too close to town.
Spring brought such strong winds that we actually had a couple of tornado warnings. Along with small tornadoes came the hail.The hail was so strong and damaging that it tore through gardens, roofs, windshields and siding. Our own roof was damaged to a point that we will have in completely redone in spring 2019.
My &&&& neighbor volunteered to come plow my garden for spring planting. Initially I felt a bit guilty asking him to come and plow for us but after talking to another neighbor that he plows for, we found that he absolutely loves it. He showed up with his tractor and tilled the ground until it was almost fluffy. As I talked with him after, he was nearly giddy talking about garden stuff. For someone who is so quiet and soft spoken at church, he was animated and excited sharing garden tips. Thanks so much Brother &&&&&&
From winds of years past, my previous porch swing had to be junked. I searched around and found one that I felt could withstand the wind, would last for several years, and would be an outdoor haven for the summer months.
It took Derek and I nearly seven hours to put it together. I couldn't have done it without him! The cats think it's just a pedestal for them to spy on us.
It is better than I had hoped and is the perfect reading spot for summer evenings . . . provided the mosquito candle is burning.
Every once in a while the boys will come up missing and I find them reading, sleeping or chatting on the swing. Part of Hyrum's morning routine was to eat breakfast and then go out to the swing to warm up in the sun.

No comments:
Post a Comment