Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas Highlights

This was a very fun day. Mom and Dad came to visit (and bring gifts) as well as John and Jared. We had great food and plenty of gifts for everyone. Even tho' we kept it small this year we were all happy. I don't know why I have made it such a stressful thing in the past - we were all content with simple and it was alot less stress on me.

With 7 of us in the family it would take forever to show everything that we got (and I'm still learning how to post this stuff) so I wanted to show what I enjoyed making and giving the most. First I need to give a little information for this to make sense.

Nathan loves his Dad. That is an understatement. He adores his dad, he doesn't want anyone else when dad is around, he cries when dad leaves. One of his first words/phrases was 'Dad's home' only he said it as one word 'dadzome'. LeRoy was so honored by this that I decided to make a shirt for him to mark this moment in his life. This is Levi's description of the event: "dad opened it, cried, stripped off his shirt and put on the new one, he picked up Nathan and cried some more . . . it was a very disturbing Christmas". I think he liked it!

The other great moment was also for LeRoy. Nathan is named after his Grandpa Loope - our favorite Grandpa on LeRoy's side of the family. I decided that for LeRoy's man's room (in the new house) I would make a shadow box with the stuff that Grandpa gave to LeRoy on our last visit to Texas (which was also the last time that we saw him before he died). It was quite easy to make and turned out great. I thought he cried over the shirt but he wouldn't quit crying over the shadow box. I loved doing it - not only for LeRoy but also to remember Grandpa by.

No comments: