Sunday, December 30, 2007

Shadow and Shorty

Shadow and Shorty?? That translates to Chad and Levi. These two are nearly inseperable and they are the comic relief around our house. Chad is Levi's best friend and a great one too. I don't think I ever imagined that I would enjoy teenagers as much as I enjoy these two. They have me laughing so hard so often that I feel like I will lose bladder control.

During this last week (Christmas break) they have helped LeRoy wire our house. They did it in freezing cold temperatures (only 8 degrees one day) and knowing that it was not a paying job. I dished out enough hot cocoa to the 2 of them that Chad even has chapped lips from having them burned so often. Well - last night LeRoy and I decided to pay them . . . just not hourly.

We gave them their choice of 4 restaurants and they chose Texas Roadhouse. The trip to Idaho Falls was pretty quiet but that didn't last long. We found that we were going to have a 45 minute wait so we put our names on a list and headed across the parking lot the the arcade/race track. LeRoy, Chad and Levi all got on the big intertube type of bumper cars and they all looks like little 8 year olds ramming into each other and giggling. Then they headed to the race track. This is not a bumber car track - it is a go cart racetrack. Wow - talk about a guys sport. They tried to convince me to do it but I was quickly found the sign that said I couldn't go because I am pregnant. They raced 3 times (about 30 minutes total) and had a blast 'drifting' around their turns and going as fast as their cars would let them go - which is alot faster than mom would have let them go!!! Levi ended up with a sore knee from one guy running into him and Chad hit his head on the bar and they both were ready for more - injury only makes the sport better, evidently.

Once we got back to the restaurant LeRoy and I quickly realized that these boys could eat!! Thank goodness the nonstop rolls and refills are free! I think Levi had a total of 6 rolls and Chad had 8 - unlimited lemonade and coke and still they had room for a meal. Of course they both got an eyefull with all the cute waitresses and we could tell that they are definitely typical 15 year old boys (soon to be 16).

LeRoy and I also surprised them each with $50 as a thank you for their hard work, willingness and good attitudes about the last week. I think if we had handed them a phone number for one of those waitresses it would have been just as good as the $50! Anyway - it was a fun night!

No comments: