I took a few pictures of my favorite places in the house.
I love my kitchen! I love to cook in it. I love cleaning it. I love looking at it. I still can't believe it's mine.
The mudroom is my 2nd favorite room (1st favorite on rainy days). The kids have been great to put their stuff in their lockers and keep their shoes/coats out of the main entry way from the garage to the kitchen. It seems automatic now for them to walk in a put flip their shoes off into the locker and dump all their other stuff there. The only problem I have found so far is that they love to drop off their backpacks in their lockers and then not think about homework. Out of sight, out of mind.
I enjoy having a garage. Last night was the first time we have parked in it. I've never had a garage before, not while growing up, at college or in 17 years of marriage. I was dreading going out this morning because of the wind, snow and cold but as I put the kids in the Yukon while it was in the garage, drove away completely dry and hair not mangled like a nest, came home and parked in the garage . . . ahh it was great!
As we get pictures up on the walls I'll take more pictures. Everything is unpacked but we haven't put pictures up yet so it still looks incomplete. I've wanted to take a picture of the outside of the house but it is either so windy I don't care to go out, there is a construction truck of some kind in front of it (they are finishing the driveway) or it is snowing (like today). Eventually you will all see pictures. It would just be easier for me if you would come visit to see it :D
2 comments:
I love your kitchen and the mudroom! I am so excited for you to have your new house. You have worked so hard to get there and you deserve it! I hope it is a sanctuary for you to return to after all your crazy running around.
It's beautiful and very "smart" if you know what I mean. All houses should have a mud room I think. I can see why you love being in your kitchen. It is crazy that the surroundings make such a difference but I understand on the other end because my kitchen doesn't have any windows and seems very small and crowded. Guess that's why I don't like being there much.
Hope all is well with you. How's it been getting Justin to school? I know that was a problem you were worried about before.
Take care, Kellie
Post a Comment