Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday

Monday came way too fast. The night was very interrupted by 2 little boys so 6:30 seemed to come before I was ready.

We found out that our apprentices wife had been in a car accident so he was not coming in to work. She was actually bringing 2 brothers up to work with us for the week because we are so busy. As much as we felt for them, it is hard to be on the employer side really needing that employee to come to work. LeRoy had to rearrange things for the guys, was a little stressed and it really wasn't the best start to our week. However, I did get kids off to school, managed to shower early, get kids where they needed to be after school, realized once again that I hate baseball, made dinner for us (lasagna and bread) and extra to send home with the apprentice.


We were invited to FHE tonight by one of our new neighbors. By the time 6:30 rolled around I was a little frazzled, really just wanted to go to bed and was once again on my way into town to pick up a kid. Hyrum needed fed, Erika still needed to do online school registration which started at 7 and she needed to do it right at 7 so she could get the teachers she wanted. LeRoy was being a little onry and insisted that we all go over together, and that we drive. HELLO! We can see their house from ours and I STILL needed to feed the baby, and we were already 10 minutes late. He kept following me around (as if that helps) asking what he could do to help and I just stated matter-of-factly that if he wanted to help then just take the other boys and go! Erika and I got there only 5 minutes after he did and the evening was fine but the kids and I were all a little irritated with LeRoy.

Then LeRoy proceeded throughout the night to bug their 15 year old about getting his eagle and to let skeletons out of his closet which was hard not to roll our eyes at and when he started to cry (telling about his parents) I opted to go downstairs and see what the boys were doing. Oh well, let's just get it out there and then people know what we are really like (or rather what LeRoy is really like). Wow - reading that I can see that I was a little more bothered by LeRoy tonight than I initially thought.

The family that we met with (the Anderson's) really is a fun family - 5 boys, 1 on a mission. Their boys are the ones who came over to get Derek and Justin on Saturday and they all ride the bus together so the kids already knew each other. I really enjoyed the mom and can see being good friends with her. She took Hyrum for about 45 minutes and as he slept she would play with his cheeks and chin and it would make him grin. The 2 boys that were sitting by her really got a kick out of that.

During all the run-a-round of the afternoon we also had a visit from Erika's YW group. They came while she was gone so that they could decorate her bedroom door to welcome her to YW (officially, since she has been going to YW with them since January). Erika was really cute about re-enacting her reaction for a picture. Actually, her re-enactment was a little more posed than her real reaction but it was fun for a picture. They left her a bag of edible MnM's and each of the MnM's taped to the door had a written note from the girls in the ward.


1 comment:

Kara said...

You are so crazy busy. Makes me feel lazy when I think about what my day was like. But, we each have our stuff right. Guess me working takes up a lot of the time you spend doing all the stuff you do.

Is everyone OK? Will the brothers (and apprentice) be able to work soon?

I can see already that you are better able to write how you really feel without having to edit. I have been thinking a lot about what you said about simplifying life. There are things I think I will be eliminating (possibly starting with my cat.)

That is so cute what the YW did for Erika. It gave me a little twinge of wanting to stay in YW's but that didn't last long. Did Erika get the classes and teachers she wanted?