Monday, June 23, 2008

Turtle Bike Ride

I hit an ambitious moment Sunday afternoon and went on a bike ride. Due to the fact that the seat on my bike has been lowered to accomodate the short Justin legs that ride it, my knees were killing me after only about 10 minutes. Not to mention the fact that my seat end has not been on a bike in probably a year and wasn't handling it well. So I turned around, headed home and found this only a short distance from our house:
He was quickly trying to cross the street when I happened upon him, literally. I almost ran over him with my bike.


The kids were thrilled, begging to keep him. Nathan's reaction was to go nose to nose with the turtle, pretend to bite him and say "yummy breakfast". I don't know where he got that! I have never served turtle for breakfast.

2 comments:

Kate said...

So did you let them keep him? My turtle was one of my favorite pets. We would leave trails of tomato bits around and he would stretch out his neck as far as it would go to eat the bit, then move maybe a fraction of an inch...just far enough that he could stretch his neck out again to get the next piece. SO CUTE!

Kara said...

You told me about this, but the pictures are so cue. I got a good giggle out of Nathan. :)