I wouldn't normally post about meals (except on the recipe blog) but I had such a great Saturday centered around meals.
I met a friend at a Thai restaurant here in town and had such a great visit. It was relaxing to be in a one on one setting with someone that I I could babble too and she wouldn't think that I had fallen of the sanity wagon or was in jeopardy of losing my testimony. We jumped from topic to topic as we babbled about kids, especially our youngest babies and how tough it is to have six kids and stay on top of things, our jobs, our callings, wards and spiritual inspirations or lack thereof. It was pretty much a 2 hour review of our lives and catching up.
Oh, the food was good as well. We had Massaman Curry and Pad Thai. I have to post that because I would like to have it again and will forget what I ate when I look at the overwhelming foreign menu again.
For dinner LeRoy and I went to our ward adult dinner which we found out is usually just a subdivision dinner. They have one about every 3 months but it is usually someone in the subdivision hosting it and most people that come are in the subdivision. It was once again a perfect way for us to get to know people in a small setting and really getting to know them, not like the chaotic church setting.
We laughed so hard that I was about to wet my pants. As we all sat around a big circle telling our most embarrasing moments and how we met/got engaged, about our families and a tiny bit about our struggles LeRoy and I found that we actually do fit in pretty well with this crazy neighborhood. We have wondered a little where we fit in because so many of them are so smart. We have 2 doctors, 3 computer geniuses that keep big companies running from home, 6 college professors and 1 financial guru from campus all living in this subdivision. A good part of them talk smart and act quite a bit more sophisticated than we do (which is not at all) so we were feeling a little out of place. No more, we actually fit in quite well as far as their goals for family, finances and spiritual progression. It was a great night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love breaking down the walls of people and getting to know the real them.
I have a hard time with all the smart people around me because lately I feel like "smart", for me, is saying the ABC's...but when we get together and tell each other the silly things we do, I feel lots better about myself.
Post a Comment