Tonight we carried on our family popcorn tradition. It is a silly race to see who can finish stringing popcorn on their length of thread the fastest to hold the popcorn title for the year. This year we only had 1 bloody finger (LeRoy) from the frantic stabbing of needles into the delicate popcorn. We have carried on this silly tradition for 8 years now with the girls (Erika and I) holding the title every year. To balance things out a bit in the hope of less loser whining we split into 2 equal teams. With Erika frantically tying the finishing knot they won. Levi, Justin and I gracefully landed in 2nd place . . . by only a 3 second margin.
And then Erika started to toss popcorn into LeRoy's mouth.
That inspired Levi and Justin to stuff their faces in the popcorn bowl.
Which prompted a mess that only became bigger.
LeRoy kindly offered to vacuum for us which is a real Christmas surprise for me. I think I've only seen him vacuum maybe twice in 18 years. He did such a spectacular job that I'm wondering if he has been secretly vacuuming when I'm not around.
You may notice that Nathan and Hyrum aren't in any of the previous pictures. Due to the fierce nature of the competition we opted to hold the race after the little guys were in bed. These two have awful sleep habits right now so we often find Nathan snuggled up in Erika's bed because "Hiam won't stop talking". Since Nathan left the room Hyrum was left with his puppy to tell his stories too, which he did until he fell asleep.

7 comments:
hmmm....popcorn!
This looks like so much fun! You captured some great moments. Unfortunately we don't get to see you. What a great tradition.
(Your two little ones look so sweet when they are sleeping.)
what a fun tradition! I've always heard of it, but have never done it...maybe for FHE-or when the kids get a little older :D
What Fun!!!! You have such an Awesome Family! I love all of your great pictures!...
I love that you enjoy the fun family time without trying to control the mess. Great job LeRoy on cleaning up. That sounds like a fun tradition.
Oh my goodness! I love the mess, craziness, and fun that that tradition incorporates and sharing it as a family for 8 years! That's impressive! lol... I'm glad that you were able to share victories with part of the men in the family. :) Miss you Kimber and hope you enjoy the Christmas holiday!
I think I might copy this tradition. It looks like too much fun to pass up. :D
Merry Christmas! Love you!!
Post a Comment