I was watching Nathan jump on my bed (we don't fluff the pillows but the mattress gets a work over just about daily), and I became a little jealous of his imagination. His arms were punching in rhythm with the jumping in Ty-Bo like moves and as he faced the mirror on the dresser he'd make mean faces and punching sounds. I asked what he was doing and he replied "I'm beating Randal".
Randal and Zerg are the two monsters that he must face each night as he goes to bed, even though we have defeated them the night before and both Monsters Inc and Toy Story have been removed from Nathan's viewing choices.
Why can't I just jump on the bed and punch out my monster fears?
LeRoy went to check on the boys during our nightly rounds and found Nathan sitting behind his door, which was about half way open, sound asleep with a handful of books surrounding him. I couldn't help but grin as LeRoy told me this, remembering myself hiding behind a door to read with the light coming from the next room. LeRoy's comment, "well we know which parent he doesn't get that from". I only wish I could have seen it!
This isn't the first time Nathan has fallen asleep with a book . . .
taken almost a year ago.
4 comments:
seriously! why can't we just punch away all our monster fears?
too precious to be asleep with a book at such a young age :)
I have a few of those pictures with the boys as well. I think it is so cute that at such a young age they have a desire to learn. How blessed we are!
I have a few of those pictures with the boys as well. I think it is so cute that at such a young age they have a desire to learn. How blessed we are!
Hey, if you've got to have a habit there could be a lot worse than trying to read after being told to go to bed. That's so cute. It's embedded in his genes - how can he fight it?
Post a Comment