Thursday, February 12, 2009

Was it really only 2 weeks?

It feels like I have lived a month in 2 weeks. Having LeRoy in Montana for 2 weeks and only being home on the weekends has left me with a little more responsibility at home (like locking up at night, taking the garbage to the road, taking the mail out, you know . . all that little stuff that he does that makes my part easier) and feeling more vulnerable to the manipulations of teenagers and toddlers with no backup showing up every night. As I look back on it, it has gone by rather quickly but living it just seems to drag on.

One of the hardest times of the day was putting Nathan to bed. He would constantly fight me and yell, "no, daddy snug me in bed". How could I be upset? But it is a little upsetting when he just needs to go to bed. So we created a routine that he would call his dad at night right before bed. The conversations were priceless, at least from what I was allowed to listen in on before he instisted that I leave the room so he could "talka dad".

"Daddeeee! You're my tigger buddy. Dood. Playing wif Hiam. Read stories. I watch tars (Cars). I yike Yightning Matween. I don't yike dinner. No, I don't yike it. I yuv you too. I yuv you most. No I yuv you most. Otay. I don't wanna be dood. Otay. Hiam trying (crying). I not tired. I yuv you too. Tell Yiddle Yam (Little Lamb) night night. See y'ater. Bye."

I wish I could record moments like these but if I pull out the camera he gets mad because he's "talking to dad" and doesn't want me. It's been like this since he was an infant. This kid just really likes his dad.

Thankfully we have LeRoy in town this week but then he will be gone again for the next two. After that I will be leaving for nine days. Will anyone miss me tucking them in bed at night?

4 comments:

KJBBBG said...

Oh, Kim, I'll miss you before and after those 9 days. How can those kids be so cute and so well, kind of mean. Andie does the same thing to Shawn but reversed right now. She's so attached to me that she doesn't go to him all the times that he wants her too. It really hurts his feelings and yet she's only 3 and not even realizing it.

JT42 said...

that is so precious. it warms my heart when the kids love their daddy so much! you just might have to sneak the camera around the corner to get a picture of that ;)

Jessica said...

it looks like im going to have trouble with kylee she is already attached to jake. she goes to sleep in a heart beat for him. she will go for me but it takes longer. but i love that he is so involed and to see her light up when he gets home

Jessica said...

it looks like im going to have trouble with kylee she is already attached to jake. she goes to sleep in a heart beat for him. she will go for me but it takes longer. but i love that he is so involed and to see her light up when he gets home