

I gave my little boy a pink cake, and didn't even bother taking a picture of it. There was good reason for the pink cake (Nathan's help) but no excuse for lack of pictures. Hyrum's part of the cake was frosted with chocolate frosting for ultimate 1st birthday mess. What was I thinking? On his first birthday I present him with enough sugar to kill a small elephant, especially one who has never had sugar. Luckily, he only used the frosting for body paint and ate so little of the cake that it wasn't really worth making. Of course, his happy mess what worth witnessing so a little sugar couldn't have been all bad.
I love the way he leans his head into me signalling his desire for more hugs
I love his chubby arms and thighs
I love his little pinky finger that has no fingernail
I love his enjoyment of books, both for eating and reading
I love the way he emphatically throws his food on the floor when he is done eating, even though it makes a big mess
I love his orange food face, proof of his love of minetrone soup, lasagna, and spaghetti
I love the way he covers his head with his blanket and giggles when I put him in bed
I love the times that he lets me hold him for his bottle, setting his independence aside just for a moment
I love the way he sticks his lower lip out and whimpers, squeezing out alligator tears, when he doesn't get his own way
I love how he pulls his socks off with his teeth
I love my baby Hyrum!


5 comments:
I can't believe he's one! that just means i'm that much closer to a one-year-old myself-aghh! what a cutie, he is sure growing up. :D
How fun! That blog is a birthday gift for the rest of his life. What wonderful words for the kid. The pictures are wonderful. Andie is learning who the younger cousin is. At first she thought one was of Nathan.
Happy Birthday Hyrum!
I really enjoyed the overview of one year of his life. It is so amazing to see pictures from his birth on and see how he has grown and changed. And what a great list of things you love about him. I think I will copy you and do this for Max. A way to remember all of the cute things he did at this age.
This is one of my favorite blogs from you Kimber. You're so thoughtful and come up with the cutest blogs. I am glad you were able to post pictures in between. It made it even better! :)
you know that fullmers cant help crying right. thanks Kimber. i realized tonight just how much i love my little girl. everything you said hits home. they are so precious. i realy miss seeing you all and spending time with you. hopefully things will work out to bring us closer so Kylee can know a few more of her cousins. sorry Kate i dont mean to say that you arent important. we just miss every one and with two on the way in Jesses family it just seems like it is time to come back home.
love you Kimber and thanks for you insperation.
Jake
Post a Comment