
It has been quite a month! A month that seems to find me frequently visiting the "depths of despair". I have needed to tweak my attitude, to have a good laugh, to visit a "kindred spirit". All of that was accomplished as I took a brief trip down memory lane with you . . . "Carrots" and green hair, Gilbert and the broken slate, the Highwayman, Marilla and her tough love, the innocent night that Diana got drunk, your first prayer, nosey Rachel Lynde, dramatic apologies . . . oh, so many wonderful memories!
In my teen years I watched "Green Gables" so many times, memorizing nearly every line, that now I sometimes forget what mistakes, emotions, friendships and drama belong to you and what were my own. I still have that childhood dream of visiting Prince Edward Island, even though the main house burned down several years ago. Matthew will forever be in my memory as one of my grandfathers. And I still have a crush on Gilbert.
In my teen years I watched "Green Gables" so many times, memorizing nearly every line, that now I sometimes forget what mistakes, emotions, friendships and drama belong to you and what were my own. I still have that childhood dream of visiting Prince Edward Island, even though the main house burned down several years ago. Matthew will forever be in my memory as one of my grandfathers. And I still have a crush on Gilbert.
Some days "My life is a perfect graveyard of buried hopes. That's a sentence I read once and I say it over to comfort myself in these times that try the soul."
After spending hours on the phone with my mom and sisters, sharing the joys and heartaches of life, I realize that "I chatter on far too much... but if you [and they] only knew how many things I want to say and don't. Give me SOME credit."
As for me personally “[I am] well in body, though considerably rumpled in spirit.”
Nearly every night I remember your positive outlook on the troubles of the day: "Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it."
Thank you, Anne with an e, for a wonderful day!
Kimberly
6 comments:
Oh, My Dear Kimber of the Lake of Shining Waters who is divinely beautiful, dazzingly clever AND angelically good! YOU are the Diana to my Anne (or the Anne to my Diana. . . either way)! Thanks for being my Rexburg kindred spirit when I felt orphaned here! I'm praying for you, knowing that the sun will keep on rising and setting as things are difficult in the "geometry" of life. I LOVE YOU! Please know that I'm cheering for you on the sidelines, hoping I'll get a chance to cheer on the field soon (after all of your reunions, medical dramas, etc). . . ?
i love that movie!! i always watch it when i just can't go on any longer...i sure wish i could do more to assist you. i'm sure things are incredibly crazy...you are a kindred spirit to many, thank you.
Kimberly, Thanks for letting me go down memory lane with you and Anne with an e.
Love ya, T
AMEN! She really puts things into perspective even if a bit over dramatic. What fun memories. And great that she could uplift you so.
I loved that movie. She goes through everything with such pizzaz! I love Anne! Thanks for reminding me that we can always revert back to those buried movies to get in touch with ourselves. You're awesome.
Okay - so where do you find it? I've been looking and can't find it. I've wanted to watch this for some time now and can't seem to get my hands on it.
I always wanted to name a daughter Anne with an e. I've always wanted to adopt too but Rachel saying they put striknine (sp?) in the well had me worried. I can't ever hear the Highwayman without thinking of Diana wanting to eat chicken salad at the hotel as if that was paradise.
Be careful though. As Marilla says "to despair is to turn your back on God". I know you aren't doing that. Still wise words from an "aunt". I always looked at her as an Aunt.
Such memories. The first time I saw it I was at a friend's house and I thought it was a home movie or something and wished I could be a part of it. I was so glad when I found out that I can be a part of it.
Post a Comment