Saturday, June 6, 2009

William Joseph Concert

For our girls night out with friends, Erika, Alli, Stephanie and I went to the William Joseph concert on campus. The concert was beyond my expectations. As we were reading the program before it started we realized that he is LDS. Erika and Alli have been swooning over William Joseph for a few months now and that one little fact gave the girls even more reason to love him. They had already fallen head over heals for his music, his dimples, his wavy hair, his youtube videos. This just validated that it was ok to have a crush on him, I guess.

The program reprinted an article that was done about him in the New Era . . . Right on Key

And this youtube video gives a little taste (or listen) of his music as well as a little info on him and of course, a good look at his dimples, his wavy hair, ("oh my gosh! he is so Hot!" by Erika and Alli, bff) . . .



We thought we were there to see William Joseph, and we were very impressed with the music and with him, but we were both mesmerized by the violinist, Caroline Campbell. She was spectacular! So much energy! So much talent! She is the one playing the violin in the clip above. You can read about her here . . . Caroline Campbell. William introduced her as the top requested violinist in the music industry. She has recently played for the Grammy's, American Idol, and many popular singers.

After the concert we had a chance to meet the musicians but the lobby was so packed! As we stood up on a bench to see we realized that they were taking the time to have pictures with everyone and that it would take forever to be able to meet them! We decided to leave but as we were walking out of the crowd we had a wonderful surprise. Caroline Campbell was standing with only a few people around her. She took about 10 minutes to talk with Erika. She encouraged her to stick with the piano and the violin, to practice!, to never give up and to enjoy it. She was so kind, sincere, real. Erika wanted me to take pictures but all we had was my cell phone (since one camera was at Justin's gymnastics recital and the other in Utah with Mom and Dad) so I did my best with the cell phone. Little did I know that it actually takes pretty good pictures. And it's a good thing I have kids who know how to get pictures from my phone to my computer.



We enjoyed the concert so much that now we own two William Joseph piano music books as well as his CD. Erika has spent hours learning his songs on the piano and is only disappointed that there isn't printed violin music for his songs. Still, she has practiced her violin during the past week and has even asked to take private lessons again. This renewal in Erika's musical commitment makes the concert even that much more worth while!

4 comments:

JT42 said...

that is so exciting! totally something I would LOVE...it makes me incredibly sad that I didnt keep up on the viola and that I don't have a piano yet...I hope I haven't lost my musical abilities...I hope Erika enjoys keeping up on her interests!!

~*Autumn*~ said...

Congrats! Little did you know that when you went to the concert that Erika and her Bff were absessed about that it would turn into an even bigger inspiration to her to pursue and work harder at her musical talent.

I am not a very new fan of William Joseph and will soon be the owner of his CD to listen to in the car and cry to. I was blown away by the YouTube info on him and the tidbits of the music I saw. Thank you for sharing again! :)

KJBBBG said...

Wow, Wow Wow! I bet the concert was amazing. I'm going to get me an album. And I think it's totally awesome that he's LDS. It gives insite into a song like "HEROES" that comes from Book of Mormon Heroes, not just worldly ones.

And how neat to meet the violinist. I'm glad it sparked Erika's interest again. I remember loving the violinist while watching Yanni. Remember? She was amazing too.

Cami Sue said...

I'm so jealous! I discovered William Joseph on pandora and actually have a "station" with his name. I love his music. He is truly amazing. I didn't know you could get William Joseph piano books!

That is also truly amazing about David Foster introducing William Joseph. I've heard David Foster is amazing and there he is saying this "new" kid is better than him.

That is awesome about meeting the violinist. It's amazing what inspires us to stretch a little and practice a little bit more. It makes me want to pull out my keyboard and practice.

Okay - I know I'm pregnant but reading this post I actually cried. Music seems to have a connection with the spirit and when there is great music like this and that you guys got to meet some of the people that make great music....I just cried.