We first set up the food table and the weapons table (the real reason for the kids excitement) and then it was paintball time. For some reason I didn't take any pictures of the paintball wrist rockets (sling shots) but they were a huge hit. It took us a while to get used to them and to figure out how to actually hit our targets with them but we had a great time practicing. Levi and Caytlyn each own paintball guns so we put them on different teams. Each team had 1 gun player and 2 sling shot players. I'm not sure which team one, just that everyone ganged up on Levi at the end. Nathan was thrilled when Caytlyn helped him shoot the gun and he was giggling after each shot hit the tree.

After a good paintball war we had lunch. It was nice to not mess with a fire but to do everything over the grills. I didn't have to worry about the little boys in the fire, or the smoke in our eyes, or the smelly laundry (just the paintball laundry, which left the dryer a little pink). We did typical camp food: hamburgers and hotdogs with chips and drinks. For dessert LeRoy did a dutch oven cherry chocolate cobbler.

Next came the real excitement. One of our previous employees is a hunter and a gun collector. When he heard we were going paint balling he thought our boys needed a bigger thrill than that so brought over a shotgun, a pistol, a rifle, and a Russian sniper rifle. Our kids, not just the boys but Erika also, were in weapon heaven!

We found a great area near camp to set up targets and even a clearing area where we could do skeet shooting with the shotgun.
The Russian sniper rifle was beyond loud and it had a major kick to it. After watching LeRoy, Levi, Erika and Derek shoot it we knew that it would be too much for Justin. The thing was about as tall as he is and would have knocked him over, so he stayed with the smaller rifle and shotgun. Caytlyn had never shot a gun before and was really scared to try and I don't care to shoot guns but we wagered with one another: you do it and I'll do it. The boys saved the last 2 shots for us. Wow! Loud! Kicker! A little bit exciting. The videos are hilarious! After shooting that one the other rifle wasn't so intimidating so we also did a little skeet shooting.

Nathan was antsy to see all of the guns until he heard them. It was LOUD! Even with earplugs it was loud (Justin's ears were to small for the earplugs so they kept popping out). At first Nathan was nervous about the shooting and commented that he wanted his suit so that the guns couldn't hurt him (so cute!) and then he just stayed in the background covering his ears and cuddling with Caytlyn.

Even with all the noise Hyrum did very well with day camp, even managing to catch a nap while everyone else was out having paint ball war. He seemed to enjoy the dirt, the rocks, and pulling stuff out of the bags and in his own squeally way deemed Erika as his day camp buddy.

We all came home with sore shoulders, pink paint spots on our clothes, ringing ears, tired bodies and fun memories, pictures, videos and jokes that will last a life time.
6 comments:
That looks like SOOOO much fun. Is this the same campsite we are going to after the 4th?? If so, I'll bring Mike's paint ball gun and .22 and we can add those to the gun stash.
As a side note: I don't know what you were talking about the other day saying you needed to lose weight. You already look thinner than me and your baby is a lot younger than mine. I'm totally jealous of your thighs and thin face...ughhh, I better double up my work-outs now.
how fun! we enjoy some good weapons ourselve :) where did you go to have this fun adventure??
btw, you look GREAT!! the pictures look good and after seeing you today I'm slightly (only because we're not supposed to envy others) jealous that you look like a newlywed hottie and not a mom of 6!!
how do you get your pictures bigger?? and how do you edit pictures?? i've tried to do it on my camera and through blogger, but i just can't seem to figure out this type of technology!!
That's great family fun! You have such a great family. I look up to you and think if Kimberly can do it, I'm going to try!
That does look so fun and memorable. I'm so glad you took us along through the day. I think it's funny that you and Catelyn finally shot the guns and then decided they weren't that bad. You look good with a gun on your hip! :) Love the pic with Erika and Hyrum! CUTE!
I'm so excited to get a chance at all that fun you had. It looks BEAUTIFUL! Grass and trees on mountains are AMAZING! No wonder I miss HOME so much.
Post a Comment