I have accomplished nothing today except for cuddling (and, I confess, talking on the phone). No office work. No house work. No dinner. Nothing. I just held my baby and I loved it. I shouldn't joy in this particular together time because he is so lethargic but I love holding him. I love it that he wants me. However, I do miss my little busy body. The one that climbs in the kitchen sink to play in the water. The one who stands on the toilet stretching from clear down in his tippy toes to play in the water in the bathroom. The one that pushes the chairs around the kitchen to climb up into the cupboards. The one who drags my shoes all over the house. The one who could find mud in the desert.
I did this collage a while ago (remember, I'm at least 2 months behind) and now seems like a good time to post it. During the week that these pictures were taken he would run around getting into all kinds of messes and then he would just fall asleep on the floor. I've never had a kid do this so it was weird to come out of my office and see him sound asleep on the floor or to actually turn from the files I was hiding in to see why his chattering and whining had stopped only to realize that he was sound asleep in the fluffy softness of a bear.
Nathan has missed him today too. He kept asking in a very sweet voice for Hyrum to go play with him but all he got was a blank stare. The cat misses him. He didn't have anyone to run the water in the bathroom sink for him.
Around 5:30 he finally fell into a deep enough sleep that I could lay him in his bed but now I don't know what to do. I should probably go to bed but he could wake up at any time and it is still early enough that I wouldn't sleep anyway. It's only 7:15 so will he really sleep through the night? Will I sleep through the night even if he does? I've already checked on him several times in the last hour and a half just to make sure he is covered, breathing, not running a fever and because I'm now having a little bit of separation anxiety having spent the whole day with him in my arms.
Oh, my sweet Hyrum. I think I'll go look in on him again.

3 comments:
I secretly love sick days, too. Not that I want my kids to get sick and it breaks my heart when they do get sick... but I love that they only want me. Sorry, dads. Moms are just better at some things. :)
I concur with the sick kid secret love, and I cannot believe how big he is!
Sick days are bad because you never want you child to feel icky, but the silver lining is the cuddles and the nothingness of the day. Laying by each other watching cartoons or movies all day.
Post a Comment