Monday, October 22, 2012

Summer Fun 2012

A New Man
At the beginning of the summer Levi moved back home.  Since most of his friends has moved to Utah or California he started hanging out with some friends that he used to hang out with in middle school.  Since most of the boys had already left on missions Levi was left to hang out with a bunch of girls.  He didn't seem to mind.  They took him shopping for a new wardrobe and convinced him to get a haircut.  I quite like his new look, though I have to admit his curls had started to grow on me.


During one of his show-off moments I started taking pictures of him and it's the first time since he was a senior that he didn't try to take the camera away from me.  I think he likes his new look as well.  I was really surprised when he picked up Justin's violin and started playing.  It has been good to have him home this summer.

Chemistry 101
Using an old molecule set, Derek helped the boys create magic crowns.


Hyrum was convinced that his crown gave him the power to shoot fire and that it made him go "super speed".
Nathan used the powers from his crown to move things with only his eyes.


Chalk Art
I love having my kids home for the summer but it does become a challenge keeping up with the office when all I want to do is hang out with them. On one particular day I absolutely could not put the office off any longer but I knew that in order to make the day go smooth for all of us I had to come up with something for the little boys to do or they would be in and out of the house and my office all day long. The boys thought I was kidding when I walked them out to the trampoline, gave them a box of sidewalk chalk and told them to draw pictures for me. They took it seriously and after nearly an hour of jumping, drawing and distractions they came to get me to see their works of art.  


They were even more excited when I then had them put on their swim trunks and put the sprinkler under the trampoline to wash off the chalk.  The automatic sprinklers would have done the job during the night but I was almost done with the office and needed a bit more time.  After a few hours in the summer sun and a sprinkler shower they were ready for some quiet time which accidentally led to naps and by the time they woke up the office was caught up enough that I could spend the rest of the day with them.


Movie Night
We have a huge basement with a two very comfy couches and super sized flat screen TV but for some reason my boys really like it when I offer a movie night in my room.  We gather up all our pillows and blankets and even drag up the bean bag from the basement. Once we have all been situated comfortably on the floor or bed we munch away on our snacks (which this time happened to be cherry tomatoes) while enjoying the simplicity of the ancient, small TV.


Derek and Harrison evidently weren't that interested in the show.

No comments: