We put Nathan's bed up in the loft area and moved Hyrum's bed from under the loft over to the other wall. Then the boys used a tape measure to tell me how long the curtains needed to be, waited patiently while I hemmed the raw edges and then helped me tack them up. We hung a string of Christmas icicle lights along the wall to give them some light when it gets dark (4:30 in the afternoon during winter).
Once we had the "walls" up we were on to the next part. They stood right next to me, complimenting my sewing, while I sewed the pillow cases together to make body pillows for each of them.
Their body pillows fit nicely in their fort giving them each a space for reading and watching a movie on the mini DVD player that we set up at the open end of the fort.
There is also room left at the open end for them to play games and eat their movie snacks.
I thought they were excited about the new fort because they had spent at least three solid hours reading, watching, and playing in it but when I told them they could actually spend the night in it they started jumping up and down, hugged me over and over again and declaring that this was "the best day EVER".
Once it was time to actually go to sleep we turned off the Christmas lights and plugged in their nightlight.
After spending nearly an hour talking about their "awesome" day and having some brotherly chat time (which is so entertaining to listen to) they started to doze off to sleep. As I stuck my head in to say one last goodnight they groggily got up again to give me even more hugs with sweet declarations of "you're the bestest mom in the whole wide world" (Nathan) and "I love you a thousand hundred fifty" (Hyrum). It was so much fun planning, creating and playing with my little boys. Goodnight my little men ♥
1 flat sheet - $2.50
6 pillowcases and 6 pillows - $25
Hugs and Affection at the end of the day - PRICELESS


No comments:
Post a Comment