Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Chatty Nathan

I have been completely distracted going through video clips, forgetting that I started scrapbooking! I was so excited to figure out how to post Erika's dance clip that I couldn't resist posting this one as well.

During the week before Christmas LeRoy left for 5 days to drive a friend to Indiana. It seemed to be the hardest on Nathan because he is such a daddy's boy. By day 4 I had to do something! He was whining non-stop, wouldn't eat anything, cried at everything and wasn't taking normal naps or sleeping well at night. Knowing that it wouldn't cost us anything to call cell phone to cell phone I called LeRoy with my cell and gave it to Nathan. He spent almost 20 minutes chattering with LeRoy, wandering and pacing the house, upstairs and downstairs. I warned LeRoy ahead of time that he was going to have to be the one to say goodbye because I wasn't going to be the mean parent and take the phone away. After the 20 minutes Nathan was ready to say goodbye, took his nap and was fine until LeRoy got home the next day. He just needed a little daddy time.


The kids give me a bad time about this, accusing me of pacing around the house, talking on the phone non-stop and that he learned all of this from watching me. Just so you all know,
I am completely innocent!

6 comments:

Kate said...

So if I had sound on this computer I'm sure it would all sound very cute. I'll watch it on the tv tomorrow, but I'm too tired to do it tonight. However, the video alone is adorable...I pace when I talk too! (maybe it is a Fullmer thing)

So how do you include these cute little videos? I have been meaning to put one up of Logan giggling, but didn't want to take the time to figure it out. Since you have now gone through the work, care to share your knowledge?

KJBBBG said...

I love toddler chatter. I know you probably understand Nathan in a way that not many others can and I feel that same way with Andie. She says complete sentences but I realize that others might not understand her. Nathan is very cute. It probably helps to thing of the next one when he is so cute.

Laurie said...

So is that what you really sound like on the phone? It's so funny to see our children immitate what they have seen us do. Except I believe that you are innocent! Very cute and I liked hearing your husband laugh on the phone!

Kara said...

I have watched this sooooo many times! It makes me giggle. :)

Cami Sue said...

He is so adorable. I love that he talks, not just listens. It's so funny that he needed daddy time and just chattering with his dad made everything okay. What a cute little guy.

Ally said...

He is sooo cute! I love it when our 4-year-old immitates me on the phone too. Reminds me to always watch how I act and what I say! :)

(BTW, I have a little award for you over at my blog.)